Meet The Pastor
Mark Santillanes and his wife Amanda have been serving at of Anchor Christian Fellowship since 2008.
Previously, he served as a missionary in England and an instructor at Calvary Chapel Bible College in York for nine years.
Studying the Bible is both his calling and his hobby. He especially enjoys finding Jesus in the pages of the Old Testament.
Mark and Amanda love spending time with their three kids and following the Adventures that God places before them.
1. We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three
persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that
this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things.
2. We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of
God, fully inspired without error and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The
Word of God is the foundation upon which this church operates and is the basis
for which this church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes
any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures.
3. We believe in the person of God the Father, an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit,
perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
4. We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth.
5. We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ;
6. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit according to the instructions given to us in 1 Corinthians 12-14. The practice of His gifts are done decently and in order.
8. We believe that all people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation; that God saves and regenerates based upon faith by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
9. We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are a part of the Body of Christ.
10. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted two ordinances for the church: (a) water baptism of believers, and (b) the Lord's Supper.We also believe that the Lord Jesus Christ validated the ordinance of Biblical Marriage.
Who we are
Anchor Christian Fellowship originally started off as Calvary Chapel of Southern Ocean County in 1995 in Manahawkin NJ with a handful of people led by Pastor Denny Barger. Within a few years, the Lord provided its current buildings, just a few miles to the south in West Creek NJ. In 2008 God moved Pastor Denny to minister in the Middle East. At that time, the Lord brought Mark Santillanes to be the Pastor. Due to the fact that there are several churches in the area with a similar name, the Board of Elders and Trustees decided to re-name the church to “Anchor Christian Fellowship.” It is affiliated with Calvary Chapel.
Elders: Spiritual Oversight
Trustees: Financial Oversight
Mark Santillanes – President
Chris McCarrick – Vice President
Randy Moody - Secretary
John Ivan – Member